We recently were asked about what to give as gifts or put in a toolkit for an empathic person. Although there are many tools for empaths (and for anyone wanting to stay grounded and free from unwanted negative energies) it’s good to remember that gifts should always be personalized for every individual, as we all come with our own unique design.
That said, here are a few wonderful gift suggestions to nurture the empath in your life . . .
Great tools to help Empaths clear their energetic space:
- Salt: Use it in your bath (see our recipe for a relaxing Epsom salt bath.) I also place little bowls of salt in my office and in every room in my house. Low vibration energy is pulled into the salt, which is, by nature, a high vibration.
- Smudging: Cleansing negative energy with smoke from various resins or herbs like sage can help your space feel like a “safe zone,” from negative energy.
- Tuning forks, rattles or bowls: This tip uses the theories of resonance and entrainment to bring your vibratory rate back into balance. As energetic beings, each of us has our own vibratory rate, as does every object in the universe. Our cells are constantly vibrating, creating and maintaining that life force energy — what the theory of entrainment says is that those vibrations are mutable, as influenced by vibrations that are stronger in nature. If you want to raise your vibration (in effect, cleansing them) grab a tuning fork, rattle or bowl designed for this type of cleansing and watch what happens when you find the right tool for you.
- Essential oils: As we pointed out above, everything has its own natural vibration, including oils. Flowers and herbs’ aromas and even their dried, fresh and tinctured varieties have proven healing properties. In Dr. Michael R Smith’s “Complete Empath toolkit” he notes the following Nervous System Relaxers and their benefits:
- Reduce anxiety: Lavender, Basil, Chamomile, Bergamot, Cedar wood, Rose, Neroli, Ylang Ylang
- Increase energy: Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Ginger, Lemon, Orange, Rosemary, Peppermint
- Repellents: Rosemary, Frankincense, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Sage, Geranium, Citronella.
5. Crystals and Stones: These have been used to balance energy and to help people heal-
- Quartz: crystals are used for power, clarity, healing, protection, balancing, and energizing.
- Citrine: success, healing, abundance, happiness, and purification.
- Amethyst: tranquility, spirituality, healing, and psychic protection.
- Rose Quartz: love, emotional healing, romance, and compassion.
6. Affirmations or Prayers of Intention: These are powerful reinforcers to your life path, as well as a great way to keep your intention focused and on track. When your energy is influenced by another or by the negative bombardment of the outside world, having affirmations at the ready can be a wonderful reminder of who you are and where your energy is most at peace. Feel free to google affirmations that feel good or make up your own (i.e., I am confident, clear, and grounded), etc. Also visualizing roots from your feet going into the core of the earth, while saying “I’m grounded”, can help keep your energy clear and vital.
7. Healthy, Uncluttered Living: This feeds your energy and cleanses that which does not serve you. Like the bountiful garden that comes from tilled soil, all your growth will be more fruitful and enjoyable if you clean up (and weed) your messy garden first, before planting. Here’s a great place to start over at the Healthy Living Lounge.
Additional Resources: “Empath Toolkits”
Forward Kind Hearth Intuitive Coaching has a beautifully done infographic that sums up a few more items in their Empath’s Tool Kit.
Additionally, intuitive coach, Michael R. Smith, offers a host of ideas in his Complete Empath Toolkit video and free online book- The Complete Empath Toolkit: A Guide to Spiritual Empowerment for Sensitive People.
We’ve also written on this topic before in several BodyQuiks blogs on empaths and recommend that if you or your loved ones suspect they may be an empath that you take The Empath Test especially if you’re not familiar with the differences between being sensitive versus being an empath.