If you’re over 30 and don’t exercise, statistically you can lose 3-5% of your muscle mass each decade after, according to WebMD. They even have a name for it: sarcopenia. The International Osteoporosis Foundation defines sarcopenia as the disease associated with the aging process- specifically the degenerative loss of muscle mass and strength that affects balance, gait, and one’s ability to perform daily tasks.
The good news:
Whole body vibration technology was created to build bone and muscle quickly, preventing many of the symptoms associated with aging. We recently did a blog, noting several studies that showed how participants of all ages improved in strength, balance, mobility, and more by using whole body vibration. From working with this technology for 4+ years, we can stand behind the reasons to use WBV machines. These are our top 5:
- WBV can help build bone and muscle density.
- Improve stamina and muscle endurance.
- Mobilize joints and connective tissue and improve range of motion.
- Speed up metabolism and help with weight loss.
- Improve mood and increase good hormones, like human growth hormone, (which is key to the repair and regeneration of tissues) and testosterone in men. Using WBV machines also may provide a boost of neurotransmitters and endorphins, which help to relieve pain and elevate mood.
If you’re looking to stay fit, feel stronger, and have more energy, call us today for a free Whole body vibration demo @ (503) 233-9030!! We look forward to working with you!